Failure to comply with the Abstract Withdrawal and Substitute Presenter Policy will result in rejection of the First Author's abstract submission for the 2018 Annual Meeting.
- There is no charge for withdrawal of an abstract.
- If the First Author cannot attend and present, s/he must submit:
- Notification of withdrawal, or
- Request for approval of a co-author listed on the abstract as a substitute presenter.
- Withdrawals must be submitted online by 2pm U.S. Eastern Time the day before the scheduled presentation, emails cannot be accepted.
- The following information will be needed to complete your abstract withdrawal request:
- First and Last Name
- Email address
- Abstract control ID
- Abstract title
- Reason for withdrawal
- The abstract withdrawal form will open on December 5.
- Prior to the Abstract Modification deadline of
Sunday, Dec 4, extended to Thursday, Dec. 8, 11:59pm U.S. EST, abstracts not intended for AMPC review should remain in or returned to Draft status.
- Access the online Abstract Withdrawal Request Form.
- Abstracts withdrawn after 11:59pm U.S. Eastern Time, Thursday, Feb. 2, 2017, will be published.
Request for Approval of Substitute Presenter
- Substitute presenters must be approved in advance.
- Requests for approval of substitute presenters must be submitted by the First Author by 2pm U.S. Eastern Time the day before the scheduled presentation.
- Substitute presenter approval requests will only be considered in cases of illness, family emergency, change of employment, or inability to obtain a visa.
- Substitute presenters must be a co-author listed on the abstract, must be qualified to discuss all aspects of the abstract during its presentation and must pay the registration fee to attend the Annual Meeting. (A complimentary full-meeting exhibitor badge is not an acceptable substitute.)
- An individual may be a substitute presenter for only one presentation.
- The Substitute Presenter Approval Request Form will open on Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2017.
- Access the form after Jan. 10. Emails cannot be accepted.
- A co-author who is not pre-approved via the Substitute Presenter Approval Request Form or a colleague will not be allowed to present the abstract on behalf of the First Author.
2018 Annual Meeting Abstract Submission Ineligibility
A First Author will be ineligible for 2018 Annual Meeting abstract submission if:
- A First Author does not pay the registration fee to attend the Meeting and present the abstract. (A complimentary full-meeting exhibitor badge is not an acceptable substitute.)
- A poster abstract is not mounted for the entire day of the scheduled presentation.
- A poster abstract is not also presented by the First Author during the All Posters session on the day of its scheduled presentation.
- If a Substitute Presenter is approved, both the First Author and the Substitute Presenter will be ineligible to submit an abstract for the 2018 Annual Meeting if the presentation is not made by the Substitute Presenter during the abstract's scheduled poster session and during the All Posters session that day and/or the poster is not mounted for the entire day.