ARVO Abstract Unpublished Work Policy
Accepted abstracts or information to be presented as a paper or poster at the ARVO Annual Meeting must be work that has not been submitted for publication at the time of abstract submission. After abstract submission, an author is at liberty to submit their abstract to a journal for publication consideration. This applies to journal publication, press releases, fact sheets, and any other informational, promotional, publicity or marketing materials, whether printed or electronic, which contain or describe abstract content.
ARVO Clinical Trials Registration Policy
The required acknowledgement of the First Author, acting as the authorized agent for all authors, certifies that any research presented in the abstract that reports on a clinical trial with two or more groups of subjects must be registered. The registration website, number, date of registration and day that the trial began must be included in the abstract submission, in compliance with the ARVO Statement on Registering Clinical Trials.
Abstract Withdrawal and Substitute Presenter Policy
If the First Author cannot attend and present, he or she must submit:
- Notification of withdrawal or
- A request for approval of a co-author as substitute presenter
Failure to comply with ARVO’s Abstract Withdrawal and Substitute Presenter Policy will result in rejection of the First Author's abstract submission for the 2018 Annual Meeting.
Please review the Abstract Withdrawal and Substitute Presenter Policy for procedures and deadlines.
ARVO Recording/Photography Policy
Recording by any means (photographing, audiotaping or videotaping) of any presentations or sessions at any ARVO Meeting is prohibited, except by an ARVO-authorized agent for official purposes or by First Authors who wish to photograph their own poster presentations. Violators risk confiscation of their equipment and/or dismissal from the Annual Meeting as deemed appropriate by ARVO.
ARVO Commercial Relationships Policy
- Each Paper Presenter is to orally state at the beginning of the presentation all applicable commercial relationship(s) codes, as well as the name(s) of the firm(s) with which a commercial relationship(s) exists for the First Author and each co-author.
- Each Poster Presenter must display the relevant commercial relationship(s) codes and the name(s) of the firm(s) with which a commercial relationship(s) exists for the First Author and each co-author.
- Conformity with the complete ARVO Commercial Relationships Policy is a requirement.
ARVO Childcare Policy
Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. Parents/guardians who bring children into paper sessions must remove them immediately if they become disruptive. Children are not allowed to accompany parents/guardians in sessions/events where tickets are required or food is provided, unless otherwise noted and a separate ticket has been purchased. Under no circumstances are children permitted in the exhibit hall during set-up or dismantle times.