SIG Submission is open October 15 - December 7. SIG Submission is now closed.
ARVO will have a limited number of meeting rooms available for groups with common research interests to hold informal meetings on May 7 – 10, 2017.
2017 SIG Guidelines
- Each SIG must focus on a specific question or issue (exploring a controversial issue, understanding a technique, new technological advance, etc.).
- A maximum of three speakers or a panel of three to five panelists will provide an introduction to the issue, pose questions and then open the floor for discussion.
- Of the total 90-minute SIG Meeting time, no more than 35 minutes may be used for prepared presentations. The remaining 55 minutes (or more) must be used for open discussion.
- Annual Meeting attendees will be allowed to contribute questions and descriptions of a brief point they wish to make, along with a single PowerPoint slide, in advance of the SIG. The SIG Organizer may select several of these to serve as a catalyst for discussion. If selected, the attendee would have no more than two minutes to make his or her point during the open discussion period.
- SIGs may not be product-related.
- All SIG Organizers, presenters and attendees must register and pay the registration fee for the Annual Meeting — there are no exceptions.
- Commercial relationships must be disclosed for the Organizer, Moderator(s) and each speaker/panelist in the proposal and at the beginning of the SIG Meeting.
- The SIG description and commercial relationship information will be listed in Annual Meeting publications.
- SIGS are not symposia and there is not financial support for speakers.
- Two-part SIGs are not permitted.
- SIGs may not honor specific individuals.
- SIGs do not qualify for CME credits.
Review of SIG Proposals
- The AMPC will review the SIG proposals.
- The review process will coincide with the abstract review process.
- SIGs will be scheduled in a manner that will most effectively complement the overall scientific program.
- SIGs on similar topics may be combined at the discretion of ARVO.
Notification of Acceptance
- SIG Organizers will be notified of acceptance on February 22, 2017.
- It is the responsibility of the Organizer to notify SIG participants of scheduling information.
- SIG Organizers are responsible for informing SIG participants of the Meeting registration requirement.