What is a "housing pirate"?
Commonly referred to as "housing pirates" or "housing bandits," these are companies that phone, fax or email attendees and exhibitors, claiming to offer good deals on hotel rooms. They may falsely claim to be affiliated with ARVO. The official ARVO housing bureau is Visit Baltimore, which uses the services and booking website of Passkey International. You will not be contacted directly by Visit Baltimore unless there is a question about your existing reservation.
No ARVO-authorized organization will contact you about ARVO Annual Meeting hotels or housing. Unless you have initiated the communication, please do not provide anyone with your personal information, especially your credit card number. If you provide your credit card information to one of these companies, your card may be charged and there is no guarantee you will have a room upon your arrival in Baltimore.
If contacted by someone asking if you need a room at ARVO or representing themselves as the "ARVO Housing Bureau," please:
- Get as much information as you can, such as the name of the company, the name of the person calling, company address, email address and their telephone number. The more information you are able to collect, the better for us to stop them from contacting others. If possible, please request information such as hotel availability and rates or have them send this information to you via email.
- Contact Ashley Engel, assistant director, meetings, with all the details you are able to provide.
ARVO is not affiliated with the following companies for the 2017 Annual Meeting (Contract with them at your own risk):
- BHP Rooms Acquisitions, Inc.
7985 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 109-315, Los Angeles, Calif.; or
863 Westbourne Dr., West Hollywood, Calif. 90069
+1.310.360.9835, +1.310.358.0461, or +1.310.849.3848
Email: email@example.com, website: www.bhpremiere.com
- Jeff Convention Hotel Management
- Max with National Travel Associates
- HotelRoomBrokers GmbH
Neue Kräme 27
D- 60311 Frankfurt am Main
Fon: +49.69.91501 -510
Fax: +49.69.91501 -512
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, website: http://www.hotelroombrokers.com/en/events/arvo-denver/
- SB Tours, Meetings and Events LLC
- WORLDWIDE EVENT PARTNERS
Chrysler Building, 405 Lexington Ave
25th & 26th floor, New York, NY 10174
- The Exhibitor Housing Company
- Amy Henderson with HLS Global
- Jennifer with NTA
T.+877.595.7666 ext. 606
- Congress Bookers
117 Victoria Road, N22 7XG, London, UK
- Cecile Latapie with Direct Clic
2558 Waterview Court, Sarasota, FL 34231
- Perfect Privacy, LLC or FHT
12808 Gran Bay Parkway W., Jacksonville, FL 32258
- Stefan Ionescu with PR Medical Events
Colonel Langa 17, Iasi Iasi 700065 RO
- James Tyler and Joy Tiff, Conference Consultants with Euromed Congress
Wenlock Road, London, England NI7GU
Phone: +44 2080999156
- Email: email@example.com
Grimaldi Forum Monaco
10 Av. Princesse Grace, 98000 Monaco.
- KORE CONFERENCES PTE. LTD.
50 Hume Avenue
For Asia: +65-31638064
For USA / EUROPE: +1-6313970610
ARVO is not affiliated with any of the following, who approached ARVO attendees and exhibitors in the past:
- Oak Tree Interactive
- Douglas Moore, Dana Brown or Phillip Gould
- Anthony Spivey, John Harris or anyone else with Event Connections
- CBS International
- Jack Smith, Mandy or anyone else with Global Housing Services Inc.
- Kate Johnson with Trade Show Housing
- Alex or anyone else with Exhibitors Housing Services
- Kevin Crowell or anyone else with Diamond Housing Associates