• NEI Director Paul Sieving, MD, PhD, will update members on the Audacious Goals Initiative at ARVO 2014. Make plans to attend.
• AEVR’s World Glaucoma Week briefing put the spotlight on NEI-funded researchers studying the genetic basis of glaucoma and featured Janey Wiggs, MD, PhD, FARVO and Louis Pasquale, MD, FARVO. Read more.
• Further erosion in NIH, NEI budget possible in 2015. Learn more.
• ARVO has joined with hundreds of organizations to call on Congress to increase federal funding for basic research. Learn more.
• New legislation increases vision research by $30 Million. Learn more.
• ARVO partners in rally for medical research. Act now to avoid more cuts to NIH National Eye Institute.
• Thomas Wheeler-Schilling, CEO of European Vision Institute (EVI EEIG), shared with ARVONews some of the organization’s most recent outreach activities. Read more.
• New report reveals significant increase in costs of vision-related disorders. Learn more.
• NIH provides Sequestration Fact Sheet. Learn more.