Jobs at ARVO
Manager, Committee Operations
The Manager, Committee Operations will be responsible for managing all operations relating to committee processes to ensure adherence to ARVO’s Bylaws, strategic plan, policies, procedures and timelines. This includes, but is not limited to, volunteer management of committee appointments, replacements, communications, maintaining master schedules of committee assignments and deadlines, and following up with staff committee liaisons for updates and outcomes.
It includes working as a staff committee liaison and working with other staff liaisons to committees assuring action items are completed and activities are properly reported. This position provides support for the establishment of new chapter affiliates and annual reporting requirements for existing chapter affiliates.
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and works closely with the Executive Director, Manager, Executive Operations and staff. The main functional areas of this position include committee and volunteer management and communications, support of chapter affiliate processes, and back up to Manager, Executive Operations as needed.
Key tasks and activities include:
- Works with staff liaisons and meeting logistics to plan annual committee meetings and some committee-sponsored events.
- Manages the annual volunteer appointment process for committees and working groups
- Develops procedures and guidelines to improve committee and chapter management as deemed necessary.
- Tracks committee-related action items and outcomes, following up with staff liaisons as necessary to meet deadlines.
- Maintains meeting minutes, rosters and files for committees. Serves as project lead or team member as assigned using ARVO project management tools.
- Engages committee and chapter members through their communities in ARVO's web-based networking platform, encouraging communication and collaboration.
- Develops projections for committee and chapter-related budget line items. Reviews monthly financial statements as they relate to committee and chapter expenses.
- Maintains volunteer management database.
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 5 years experience in association governance/committee function.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to maintain professional working relationships with an internationally diverse membership, as well as with internal staff.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, work independently and use sound judgment.
- Proficient skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat Adobe Professional, AMS applications (i.e. NetForum or similar) and content management system (i.e. Ektron or similar).
- Previous experience using online communities to manage groups or committees.
- U.S. travel to annual meeting.