Jobs at ARVO
Senior Manager, Customer Service
The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO), is the world’s largest and most respected community of eye and vision researchers. ARVO advances research worldwide into understanding the visual system and preventing, treating and curing its disorders.
We are seeking a motivated, solution-oriented, well organized team player to lead our customer service team. The Senior Manager, Customer Service will ensure our members, who come from over 75 countries, receive the highest level of service from a well-trained team supported by a proactively maintained database.
The Senior Manager, Customer Service will report to the Senior Director, Information Technology and be responsible for:
Skills and requirements
- Continuously improving the customer service experience by evaluating and re-designing processes; establishing and communicating service metrics; monitoring and analyzing results; and implementing changes.
- Overseeing the activities of the customer service team and ensuring they are trained and empowered to deliver excellent service in a fast-paced environment.
- Supporting our members throughout their online experience, including account/profile management, membership applications, renewals, meeting registration, product purchases and collecting demographic information.
- Maintaining the integrity and accuracy of our database and customer records and proactively resolving issues.
- Producing reliable reports and statistics for all members and customers, historical and current, including recruitment and retention demographics.
- Working as a partner with marketing staff to contribute to and implement member retention and recruitment strategies.
- Overseeing the management of financial transactions in coordination with the Finance Department
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Five years of customer service experience, including at least two years of supervisory experience, preferably within an association environment
- Customer database management experience required; knowledge of Avectra (Abila)/netFORUM database strongly preferred
- Positive, customer service friendly attitude
- Demonstrated strength in problem solving, including planning and coordinating across departments and teams
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Experience working with international customers/multiple nationalities a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including the full MSOffice suite
- Some U.S. travel is required (less than 5%)
Additional Salary Information: ARVO provides a competitive compensation and outstanding benefits program to include: medical, dental, life and disability insurance, FSA, tuition reimbursement, and matching retirement savings plan.