Advocacy and Outreach Committee
Committees are composed of volunteer members and chairs annually appointed by the president-elect, and reflect the depth and breadth of ARVO’s membership. Members typically serve three-year terms; chairs typically serve two-year terms. Except where noted, ex officio members include the president, president-elect, immediate past president, executive vice president and executive director.
The 2017 committee volunteer application is now closed. ARVO received approximately 190 applications for 35 open positions and is grateful for members' interest in serving on an ARVO committee. If you have any questions, please contact Stacy De La O, manager of committee operations, (+220.127.116.1104).
The 2018 committee volunteer application will open in December 2017 – January 2018. The committee fact sheet provides information about serving on an ARVO committee.
Below are links to ARVO's committees, including committee charges, rosters and activities.
- Chair: Juliet A. Moncaster, PhD
Animals in Research Committee
- Chair: J. Crawford C. Downs, PhD
Annual Meeting Program Committee
- Chair: Craig E Crosson, PhD FARVO
- Chair: Andrew J. Fischer, PhD
Commercial Relationships Committee
- Chair: Arthur H. Shedden, Jr., MBA, MD
Continuing Medical Education Committee
- Chair: Marlyn P. Langford, PhD
Diversity Initiatives Committee
- Chair: Lyne Racette, PhD
Ethics and Regulations in Human Research Committee
- Chair: Cynthia Owsley, PhD, FARVO
- Chair: Peter D. Lukasiewicz, PhD
Global Members Committee
- Chair: Geeta K. Vemuganti, DNB, FAMS, MD
International Chapter Affiliate Committee
- Chair: Gullapalli N Rao, MD
- Chair: Michael H. Elliott, PhD
Professional Development and Education Committee
- Chair: Debasish Sinha, PhD
- Chair: Sarah Xin Zhang, MD