Advocacy and Outreach Committee
Committees are composed of volunteer members and chairs annually appointed by the president-elect, and reflect the depth and breadth of ARVO’s membership. Members typically serve three-year terms; chairs typically serve two-year terms. Except where noted, ex officio members include the president, president-elect, immediate past president, executive vice president and executive director.
2017 Committee appointments
The 2017 committee volunteer application period is now open through Jan. 13, 2017.
The committee fact sheet and current vacancies and desired experience provide information about serving on an ARVO committee.
Apply by Jan. 13
Questions? Contact Stacy De La O, manager of committee operations, (+220.127.116.1104).
Below are links to ARVO's committees, including committee charges, rosters and activities.
- Chair: Juliet A. Moncaster, PhD
Animals in Research Committee
- Chair: J. Crawford C. Downs, PhD
Annual Meeting Program Committee
- Chair: Craig E Crosson, PhD FARVO
- Chair: Andrew J. Fischer, PhD
Commercial Relationships Committee
- Chair: Arthur H. Shedden, Jr., MBA, MD
Continuing Medical Education Committee
- Chair: Marlyn P. Langford, PhD
Diversity Initiatives Committee
- Chair: Lyne Racette, PhD
Ethics and Regulations in Human Research Committee
- Chair: Cynthia Owsley, PhD, FARVO
- Chair: Peter D. Lukasiewicz, PhD
Global Members Committee
- Chair: Geeta K. Vemuganti, DNB, FAMS, MD
International Chapter Affiliate Committee
- Chair: Gullapalli N Rao, MD
- Chair: Michael H. Elliott, PhD
Professional Development and Education Committee
- Chair: Debasish Sinha, PhD
- Chair: Sarah Xin Zhang, MD