Call for Abstracts
2015 Abstract Submission will be open Oct. 15 – Dec. 5, 2014.
ARVO invites the submission of high-quality abstracts describing original, unpublished* research results. Abstract submissions must contain a clear statement of hypothesis, an explanation of methods, a report of data that unequivocally test the hypothesis and a brief discussion of their implications. Studies should use newer technologies when possible and include original results that will advance the field.
Prepare now to present your work at this premier eye and vision research event.
Abstract Submission Policies
Commercial Relationship Disclosure Procedures
- Abstracts must be work that has not been submitted for publication prior to the abstract submission deadline. After the abstract submission deadline of December 5, 2014, an author is at liberty to submit their abstract to a journal for publication consideration.
- An individual may be the First (submitting) Author of only one abstract and the individual whose name appears first on the abstract.
- An abstract must be submitted with the intention that, if accepted, it will be presented by the First Author.
- There is no limit to the number of times an individual may appear as a co-author on abstracts.
Note: Multiple abstract submissions from the same institution on similar research will be subject to rejection. See the 4.3 in the Abstract Rejection Criteria.
Submitting your abstract
- All financial relationships with commercial interests relevant to the research reported in the abstract must be disclosed.
- As First Author, it is your responsibility to provide all commercial relationship disclosures for yourself and each of your co-authors during the abstract submission process.
- All relevant disclosures regarding financial relationships with a commercial interest(s) must be reported (i.e. disclosures related to the research reported in the abstract), as well as non remunerative positions that may create a conflict of interest.
Travel grants, ARVO/Alcon Award and MIT Outstanding Poster Award
- The online submission site is available Wednesday, Oct. 15, 2014, through Friday, Dec. 5, 11:59 pm, U.S. ET. After the Dec. 5 deadline, the start of any new abstracts will not be allowed; no exceptions.
- You may revise a draft abstract and submit it for review at any time through the modification deadline of Sunday, Dec. 7, 11:59 pm, U.S. ET, 2014, using the same submission link and your same ARVO membership account email and password.
- Only abstracts with a “Submission” status as of 11:59 pm, U.S. ET on Sunday, Dec. 7, 2014, will be sent forward to the AMPC for review.
- Don’t wait until the deadline to submit your abstract; you may not be able to receive assistance with your submission, if needed.
- You can enter multiple abstract drafts into the submission system, but only one abstract can be submitted for AMPC review (“Submission” status).
- You can return your submission to draft status, edit it and resubmit it to Submission status at any time prior to the modification deadline.
- All authors involved in an abstract, one First Author, up to nine Co-authors and a Study Group, must be included during the submission process. Co-authors cannot be added or re-ordered after the modification deadline.
- A system-generated email will be sent to confirm that your abstract has been submitted.
- On Tuesday, Dec. 9, 2014, the First Authors of submitted abstracts will be notified by email, confirming that their abstract was submitted successfully and will be reviewed by the AMPC.
- Abstract notifications of acceptance/rejection status will be mailed to First Authors on Friday, January 9, 2015.
- Acceptance scheduling notifications with presentation format, day/times and session assignment, will be emailed for First Authors on Tuesday, February 17, 2015.
- All accepted abstracts will be assigned to either a paper (oral) or poster presentation session at the discretion of the AMPC. Changes to scheduled abstract presentation formats, dates and times cannot be made.
Abstract submission assistance
- For Technical Support during abstract submission, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact by phone at +1.434.964.4100 or toll free (U.S. only) at 888.503.1050, Monday 12am – Friday 5:30pm, U.S. ET.
- Policy and procedure questions should be directed to ARVO at email@example.com or contact by phone at +220.127.116.1100, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5pm U.S. Eastern Time.
Key dates for the 2015 Abstract Program
Oct. 15, 2014
Abstract submission site opens
Dec. 5, 2014
Abstract submission deadline
Dec. 9, 2014
Abstract complete notifications will be sent to First Authors
Jan. 9, 2015
Abstract acceptance notifications will be sent to First Authors
Jan. 30, 2015
Abstract withdrawal deadline (before publication)
Feb. 17, 2015
Abstract scheduling notifications sent to First Authors
Submit your abstract
Access the abstract submission site here
Not a member? Renew your membership or join ARVO prior to abstract submission.