ARVO Award Nominations
The Board of Trustees and the ARVO Awards Committee encourage all members of the vision research community to nominate deserving colleagues for the prestigious ARVO Awards.
Nomination Deadline: Wednesday, March 15, 2017
Guidelines for Achievement Awards:
- Neither nominees nor nominators are required to be ARVO members.
- Officers, members of the Board of Trustees and Awards Committee members are not eligible to be nominated for an award during their terms, or to make or second award nominations.
- Nominators and seconders may only support one nomination for each award.
- Nominators may not be from the same institution as the nominee, and no more than 2 seconders may be from the same institution as the nominee.
- Previous ARVO Award recipients may not be nominated for another ARVO award, with the exception of the Cogan Award. Recipients of the Pfizer/Camras Award and the ARVO/Alcon Award may be later nominated for ARVO Awards.
Special Recognition and Kupfer Award nominations do not require a CV.
- Submission of Nomination includes:
*Nominee should create/update his or her Google scholar account prior to nomination
- Letter of Nomination - One letter of nomination describing in detail the contributions of the nominee and her/his impact on vision science and/or eye care.
- Seconders Names - Nominator is responsible for contacting three individuals who are closely familiar with the nominee's work and who support the award nomination and obtain a brief letter (no more than one page) for uploading into the awards site.
- A brief summary statement (approximate 75 words)
- Link to nominee's Google Scholar profile*
- The nominee’s current curriculum vitae, including full bibliography, and no more than one page listing presented lectures. Abstracts should not be included.
All nominations are for one year. Occasionally, the Awards Committee may hold a nomination over for consideration the following year. Two years of award consideration must pass before an individual may be re-nominated for any award.