An Introduction to Getting Published in Scientific Journals. Registration is complimentary for ARVO members, or $79 for nonmembers – Register Now. This course has been developed for authors who are non-native English speakers and are from economically emerging countries (as defined by the World Bank). The course focuses major elements of scientific writing and publishing including how to prepare to write an article, and where, when and how to get your paper published. With a mix of resources and videos, you’ll delve into the following topics:
- Writing Your Article
- Choosing Where to Submit Your Manuscript
- Figures, Tables and Statistics
- The Ethics of Medical Journal Publishing
- The Journal Peer-Review Process
- Production: What Happens after Your Article is Accepted?
This a self-paced course that you can use at your own speed. Your progress will be bookmarked as you finish tasks, so feel free to revisit the course at any time to refresh your memory. You can access it from your computer or laptop, or even from a mobile device if you prefer to learn on-the-go.
Preview the first module
You can preview the first module, Writing Your Article, for free and without registering for the entire course by following these steps:
- Go to www.prolibraries.com/arvo, and create a free ProLibraries account.
- Click on the link for “An Introduction to Getting Published in Scientfic Journals”, or go to www.prolibraries.com/arvo/?select=course&c=11&m=45 (you MUST be logged in to ProLibraries for access).
- If you’d like access to the entire course after completing this module, you must register for full access.
Registration is complimentary for ARVO members, or $79 for nonmembers. Register Now
If you'd like more information or have questions, contact Brian Kirkland.