Benefits of ARVO Membership
All ARVO Members receive the following Benefits of Membership:
- Only ARVO members may submit abstracts and present at the ARVO Annual Meeting.
- Membership dues include abstract fees!
- Significantly reduced registration fees for all ARVO meetings, conferences and the eLearning Center.
- ARVO is ACCME certified to award CME category-1 credits for eligible ARVO meetings and courses.
Journals and Communications
Professional Development and Networking
- Exclusive access to online Member Directory to easily locate and communicate directly with colleagues.
- Discounted advertising of positions on ARVOJobs
- Job seekers receive free CV postings on ARVOJobs.
- Social Networking sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge-sharing.
- Networking and collaborative opportunities at ARVO meetings.
- Participation in ARVO committees and international chapters.
- Access to broad spectrum of Resources, including available funding sources.
- E-alerts to funding opportunities.
Recognition and Awards
- Exclusive eligibility for more than 280 Travel Grants to the ARVO Annual Meeting.
- Fellowships and research grant opportunities through the ARVO Foundation for Eye Research.
Prestigious awards presented for outstanding contributions in all areas of basic and clinical vision research.
- "FARVO" designation bestowed upon current members as ARVO Fellows for their individual accomplishments, leadership and contributions to ARVO.
Representation and Advocacy Efforts
- All members belong to a Scientific Section.
- All members, except Members-In-Training, Associates and Emeritus members, elect representatives from their Scientific Section to the ARVO Board of Trustees and the Annual Meeting Program Committee.
- Representation at the national level through the National Alliance for Eye and Vision Research (NAEVR) and other coalitions.
- Committees focusing on the needs of trainees, minorities and international members.
- Supporting increased funding for eye and vision research worldwide with other organizations such as the Association of University Professors of Ophthalmology (AUPO), and the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALAC).
Print applications are also available.
Currently a 2012 member? Don’t forget to renew your ARVO Membership online.