Asociación de Investigación en Visión y Oftalmologia (AIVO)
Established in December 2006 in Buenos Aires, AIVO's members are ophthalmologists and academic researchers from Argentina,Paraguay, Uruguay and Chile. AIVO hosts a multidisciplinary clinical and basic science meeting each year. AIVO became an International Chapter Affiliate on May 5, 2007.
To foster communication between Latin American eye researchers and to promote vision science among Latin American clinicians.
- Membership is open to individuals around the globe who are interested in eye and vision research in Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Chile.
- AIVO members use an exclusive AIVO ARVOConnect community — an online forum for collaboration: Access here
Planned 2018 activities
- Research Day meeting: one-day, Oct. 28, 2018, Asunción, Paraguay
- Research Day meeting: one-day, Nov. 24, 2018, Córdoba, Argentina
- Present basic research talks with ophthalmologists at national ophthalmology meetings about the benefits of research
- Foster communication and exchange of ideas between Latin American eye researchers
- Travel grant opportunities for young investigators to attend the ARVO Annual Meeting: April 29 – May 3, 2018, Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.
AIVO proudly supports regional scientists
AIVO supports regional scientists in neighboring countries Paraguay, Uruguay and Chile. In October 2017, AIVO hosted a Research Day in Paraguay with the Paraguayan Ophthalmological Society.