The Netherlands Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO-NED)
ARVO-NED was formed in March 2008 as a working group of the Netherlands Ophthalmological Society, located in Nijmegen, the Netherlands. ARVO-NED members are basic and clinical eye and vision researchers. Meetings are held annually with a focus building scientific collaborations amongst young researchers in the Netherlands. ARVO-NED became an international chapter affiliate on April 25, 2008.
To provide a scientific platform for interactive courses, plenary discussions, and collaborative initiatives for scientists, trainees, and health care professionals active in ophthalmology & visual sciences in The Netherlands.
Membership is open to individuals around the globe who are interested in eye and vision research in The Netherlands. There are no membership dues.
Planned 2018 activities
- ARVO-NED student workshop: two-days, Dutch Ophthalmological PhD Students (date to be determined — typically held in March), The Netherlands
- Assist in crafting a national research plan for eye and vision research in The Netherlands
- Eye disease models symposium: one-day, December 2018 (date to be determined), The Netherlands
- Advocacy in eye research meeting: one-day (date to be determined), The Netherlands
- Travel grant opportunities for young investigators to attend the ARVO Annual Meeting: April 29 – May 3, 2018, Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.
- ARVO-NED President: Martine Jager, MD, PhD, FARVO
- ARVO-NED Vice-president: Caroline C. W. Klaver, MD, PhD
- ARVO-NED Secretary: Jonas Kuiper, MSc
- ARVO-NED Email: email@example.com
- DOPS website (ARVO-NED student chapter): dopsvision.com
ARVO-NED is a strong supporter of Dutch student researchers
Since 2012, ARVO-NED has supported an annual educational meeting of students as an official program. The goal of the meeting for Dutch Ophthalmology PhD Students (DOPS) is to connect PhD students and their research at a national and international level. The DOPS conference has become an annual highlight of the students.