Indian Eye Research Group (ARVO-India)
First established in 1992 as the Indian Eye Research Group, ARVO-India has over 200 members and holds an annual meeting each July. The annual meeting is a platform for exchange of ideas among eye researchers in India and brings together those involved in different areas of basic and clinical eye research. ARVO-India became an international chapter affiliate in April 2011.
To promote and facilitate eye research in all domains and encourage researchers through active collaborations within India. The aim is to:
- Promote interactions between eye and vision researchers across India.
- Facilitate collaborative research activities within ARVO-India.
- Support young investigators education and professional development.
- Engage clinicians and scientists from non-ocular research backgrounds in ARVO-India activities.
- Recognize the work of investigators through an award program.
- Membership is open to individuals around the globe who are interested in eye and vision research in India
- Membership dues: INR 250 (regular membership), INR 10,000 (life membership)
Planned 2018 activities
- Annual meeting, “With an Eye for the Eye”: two days, July 27 – 29, 2018, Hyderabad, India
- Pre-conference Research Training workshop: July 27, 2018
- Travel grant opportunities for young investigators to attend the ARVO Annual Meeting: April 29 – May 3, 2018, Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S., as well as ARVO-India meetings
ARVO-India supports young Indian investigators
Over 150 delegates representing different eye research organizations across India attended the ARVO-India annual meeting, with 103 presentations, posters and recognition awards. ARVO-India supported 15 members-in-training to travel to this meeting.