Israeli Society for Vision and Eye Research (ISVER)
First established in 1979 as the Israeli Association for the Study of Eye and Vision, ISVER has approximately 180 basic and clinical eye and vision researchers and hosts an annual scientific meeting with upwards of 120 presentations. ISVER became an ARVO international chapter affiliate on April 29, 2006.
To promote eye and vision research in Israel and to encourage cooperation between physicians and researchers dealing with eye diseases.
- Membership is open to individuals around the globe who are interested in eye and vision research in Israel.
- Dues: NIS 350 (regular members), NIS 250 (student members)
- ISVER bylaws
Planned 2018 – 2019 Activities
- Annual meeting: March 2019
- Series of basic research talks for clinicians
- Travel grant opportunities for young investigators to attend the ARVO Annual Meeting: April 28 – May 2, 2019, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- ISVER Chair: Itay Chowers, MD
- ISVER Secretary: Devora Marks-Ohana
- ISVER Website: http://isver.org.il/?lang=en
Yael Kinarty, 2018 ISVER travel grantee recipient
Yael Kinarty is a research and teaching assistant at Hebrew University of Jerusalem, skilled in CRISPR, molecular biology, genetics, histology and public speaking. Ms. Kinarty's received an outstanding lecture award at ISVER's 2018 annual meeting. ISVER is supporting Ms. Kinarty to attend the ARVO Annual Meeting.Yael Kinarty's LinkedIn bio