Israeli Society for Vision and Eye Research (ISVER)
First established in 1979 as the Israeli Association for the Study of Eye and Vision, ISVER has approximately 180 basic and clinical eye and vision researchers and hosts an annual scientific meeting with upwards of 120 presentations. ISVER became an ARVO international chapter affiliate on April 29, 2006.
To promote eye and vision research in Israel and to encourage cooperation between physicians and researchers dealing with eye diseases.
- Membership is open to individuals around the globe who are interested in eye and vision research in Israel.
- Dues: NIS 350 (regular members), NIS 250 (student members)
- ISVER bylaws
Planned 2018 Activities
- Annual meeting: March 7 – 8, 2018, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Series of basic research talks for clinicians
- Travel grant opportunities for young investigators to attend the ARVO Annual Meeting: April 29 – May 3, 2018, Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.
ISVER focuses on clinical research collaborations
In its 37-year history, ISVER has brought ophthalmologists in close contact with highly-advanced research labs studying ocular development, diseases and therapy in Israel. This combination makes clinical research collaborations highly efficient allowing ISVER to provide the opportunity for the two groups to meet annually, share data and seek collaborators.