Italy Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (IT-ARVO)
Established in March 2011 in Catania, Italy, with the goal of promoting regional education programs and networking with other ARVO chapter affiliates. IT-ARVO became an international chapter affiliate in April 2011.
To foster communication between eye researchers and to promote vision science in Italy.
Membership is open to individuals around the globe who are interested in eye and vision research in Italy. There are no membership dues to join.
Planned 2018 activities
- Seminar on animal models for dry eye: one-day (date to be determined in January), Catania, Italy
- Seminar on glaucoma: one-day, April (date to be determined in April), Catania, Italy
- Seminar on AMD and diabetic retinopathy: one-day (date to be determined in June), Catania, Italy
- Access to Italian research network focused on ophthalmology, ocular pharmacology and vision research
- Travel grant opportunities for young investigators to attend the ARVO Annual Meeting: April 29 – May 3, 2018, Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.
- IT-ARVO President: Filippo Drago, MD, PhD, FARVO
- IT-ARVO Secretary: Claudio Bucolo, PhD
- IT-ARVO Administrative Support and Membership Queries: Chiara Platania, PhD
Rosa Maisto, 2018 IT-ARVO travel grant recipient
Rosa Maisto, BS, PhD, is studying "in vivo and in vitro models" of diabetic retinopathy and uveitis and is the 2018 IT-ARVO travel grant recipient, which will support Dr. Maisto in presenting her research at the ARVO Annual Meeting.