South-East European Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (SEE-ARVO)
SEE-ARVO was established in August, 2009, as a sub-group of ophthalmic and vision researchers of the South-East European Ophthalmological Society (SEEOS). SEE-ARVO is a regional chapter consisting of members from 18 countries, including Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Turkey. It is headquartered in Bulgaria and hosts an annual meeting in the region. SEE-ARVO became an international chapter on October 29, 2009.
To foster communication between eye researchers and to promote vision science in South-East Europe.
Membership is open to individuals around the globe who are interested in eye and vision research in South-east Europe. There are no membership dues.
Planned 2018 activities
- Research symposium: one-day (date/place to be determined)
- Present basic research talks with ophthalmologists at national ophthalmology meetings about the benefits of research
- Foster communication and exchange of ideas between South-East European eye researchers
- Travel grant opportunities for young investigators to attend the ARVO Annual Meeting: April 29 – May 3, 2018, Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.
- SEE-ARVO President: Petja Vassileva, MD, PhD, DSci, MPH
- SEE-ARVO Vice-president: Marko Hawlina, MD, PhD
- SEE-ARVO Secretary: Peter Sapundzhiev, MD
- SEE-ARVO website: www.see-arvo.org
Albert Lula, 2018 SEE-ARVO travel grant recipient
Albert Lula, MD, is a fourth year ophthalmology trainee at the university hospital Centre in Tirana, Albania, with a research interest is Keratitis Ichtiosies Deafness Syndrome. Dr. Lula is the 2018 SEE-ARVO travel grant recipient with support to attend the ARVO Annual Meeting.Albert Lula's CV