Egypt Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO-EGYPT)
ARVO-Egypt was founded as a group of the National Eye Hospital (Al Watany) in Cairo, Egypt. ARVO-Egypt’s goal is to promote collaboration among ophthalmologists in clinical and epidemiological ophthalmological research. ARVO-Egypt is designated as an Egyptian scientific community by the Egyptian Organizations Ministry and therefore able to approach academic institutions and universities in Egypt about collaborating. ARVO-Egypt became an international chapter affiliate on January 14, 2013.
To promote and develop ophthalmic research in Egypt, with focus on training and advocating systemic methodology in vision research.
- Membership is open to individuals around the globe who are interested in eye and vision research in Egypt and the Persian Gulf. There are no membership dues.
- ARVO-Egypt members use an exclusive ARVO-Egypt ARVOConnect community — an online forum for collaboration: Access here.
Planned 2018 activities
- Annual meeting in conjunction with the Al Watany Eye Hospital and Watany Research and Development Center during the Egyptian Ophthalmology Summit: two-days, Sept. 13, 2018.
- Foster communication and exchange of ideas between regional eye researchers.
- Access to online registry forum for regional ophthalmic research projects.
- Travel grant opportunities for young investigators to attend the ARVO Annual Meeting: April 29 – May 3, 2018, Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.
ARVO-Egypt creates a national research repository
EgyResearch Online is a national database for ophthalmology and vision-related investigative projects across Egypt. ARVO-Egypt's goal is to standardize eye and vision research in Egypt and aid collaboration between Egyptian and international researchers.