ARVO will hold a limited number of Special Sessions during the following 90-minute time slots:
- Monday, April 30, 7 – 8:30pm
- Tuesday, May 1, 6:45 – 8:15pm
- Wednesday, May 2, 5:30 – 7pm
The submission form for Special Sessions opened Dec. 14, 2017.
Proposals closed on Feb. 1, 2018.
2018 Special Session Guidelines
- Special Sessions will be reserved for the following types of content: new initiatives or collaborations of global appeal; large scale study results; relevant non-profit or governmental organizational town halls. If your proposal does not fit one of these descriptions, please contact the meetings department to learn how to participate in the 2019 Meeting.
- Special Sessions may not be commercial in nature. Members of ARVO who are employed by industry may apply but must meet all other guidelines.
- Special Sessions are not for late-breaking abstracts or those submitters who missed the abstract deadline. ARVO does not accommodate late or late-breaking abstracts.
- All Special Session organizers, presenters and attendees must pay the registration fee for the Annual Meeting — there are no exceptions. There is no financial support for speakers. In addition, Special Session organizers must be ARVO members.
- Commercial relationships must be disclosed for the organizer, moderator(s) and each speaker/panelist in the submission and at the beginning of the session. The description and commercial relationship information will be listed in Annual Meeting publications.
- Special Sessions do not qualify for CME credits.
Special Session Proposal – Information needed
The following information is required at the time of proposal submission. Changes are allowed through February 28th:
- Organizer(s) – Name, institution, email
- Target attendance
- Moderator(s) – Name, institution, email
- Speaker(s) – Name, institution, email, member status, presentation title/topic
- Preliminary timed agenda – List by speaker/title/duration
Review of Special Session Proposals
- The ARVO Executive Committee will review all proposals after the Feb. 1, 2018 deadline.
Notification of acceptance
- Organizers will be notified of acceptance by Feb. 17.
- If the proposal is accepted, organizers will be required to confirm all speakers and moderators. At that time, confirmed speakers will be invited to submit their presentation information.
- Final presentation information must be submitted by Feb. 28 to be included in the Program Summary Book.