ARVO will hold a limited number of Special Sessions during the following 90-minute time slots:
- Monday, April 29, 7:30 – 9pm
- Wednesday, May 1, 6:15 – 7:45pm
The submission form for Special Session is now closed. Submitters will be notified of acceptance by February 15.
2019 Special Session Guidelines
- Special Sessions will be reserved for the following types of content: new initiatives or collaborations of global appeal; large scale study results; relevant non-profit or governmental organizational town halls. If your proposal does not fit one of these descriptions, please contact the meetings department to learn how to participate in the 2020 Meeting.
- Special Sessions may not be commercial in nature. Members of ARVO who are employed by industry may apply but must meet all other guidelines.
- Special Sessions are not for late-breaking abstracts or those submitters who missed the abstract deadline. ARVO does not accommodate late or late-breaking abstracts.
- All Special Session organizers, presenters and attendees must pay the registration fee for the Annual Meeting — there are no exceptions. There is no financial support for speakers. In addition, Special Session organizers must be ARVO members.
- Commercial relationships must be disclosed for the organizer, moderator(s) and each speaker/panelist in the submission and at the beginning of the session. The description and commercial relationship information will be listed in Annual Meeting publications.
- Special Sessions do not qualify for CME credits.
Special Session Proposal – Information needed
The following information is required at the time of proposal submission.
Organizer(s) – Name, institution, email
Moderator(s) – Name, institution, email
Speaker(s) – Name, institution, email, member status, presentation title/topic
Preliminary timed agenda – List by speaker/title/duration
Review of Special Session Proposals
- The ARVO Executive Vice President and Chief Meetings Officer will review all proposals after the Feb. 1, 2019 deadline.
Notification of acceptance
- Organizers will be notified of acceptance by Feb. 15.