ARVO will hold a limited number of Special Sessions during the following 90-minute time slots:
- Sunday, May 3, 1-2:30pm
- Monday, May 4, 1:15 - 2:45pm
- Wednesday, May 6, 12:15 – 1:45pm
The submission form for Special Session will open Friday, December 13, 2019. Proposals must be received by Monday, February 10, 2020.
2020 Special Session Guidelines
- Special Sessions will be reserved for the following types of content: new initiatives, projects or collaborations of global appeal; large scale study results; relevant non-profit or governmental organizational town halls. If your proposal does not fit one of these descriptions, please contact the meetings department to learn how to participate in the 2021 Meeting.
- Special Sessions may not be commercial in nature.
- Special Sessions are not for late-breaking abstracts or those submitters who missed the abstract deadline. ARVO does not accommodate late or late-breaking abstracts.
- All Special Session organizers, presenters and attendees must pay the registration fee for the Annual Meeting — there are no exceptions. There is no financial support for speakers. In addition, Special Session organizers must be ARVO members.
- Special Sessions do not qualify for CME credits.
Special Session Proposal – Information needed
The following information is required at the time of proposal submission. All information should be final and all participants should be confirmed.
Organizer(s) – Name, institution, email
Moderator(s) – Name, institution, email
Speaker(s) – Name, institution, email, member status, presentation title/topic
Timed agenda – List by speaker/title/duration
Review of Special Session Proposals
- The ARVO Executive Committee will review all proposals after the Feb. 10, 2020 deadline.
Notification of acceptance
- Organizers will be notified of acceptance by Feb. 25, 2020.
Note: Form will auto open on Dec. 13, 2019 and auto close on Feb. 10, 2020