Events and education
Introducing Bench to Bedside (B2B)
ARVO will host a unique event to educate vision scientists on how to advance translational ideas to clinically applied products. This meeting will encourage and foster an innovation mindset amongst eye and vision scientists. The Bench to Bedside (B2B) meeting, held May 1, 2020, in Baltimore, just prior to the ARVO Annual Meeting, promises to be an exceptional opportunity for innovators to learn how to cross the bridge between discovery and development. The full-day program will educate attendees on how to organize their research, how best to present their findings and how to get their research funded. It provides a unique opportunity for interaction between innovators and venture capitalists. View the program.
Here are just a few of the highlights:
- Begin the day by attending Nuts and bolts: Meeting you where you are session, which includes two 30-minute discussions at table/topics of your choice.
- Invited talks with experts covering all aspects, from financing and pitching your ideas to regulatory and international perspectives.
- Keynote speaker Bill Aulet from the MIT Sloan School of Management will speak on “Fostering an entrepreneurial spirit.”
- Eye Pitch session. These experts know how to successfully navigate through through the twists and turns of bringing a product to market. Participants will be selected through submissions for a 5 to 7-minute pitch to our expert panel. This panel will provide feedback at the end of each pitch with the session ending in a Q&A with the audience. These masters specialize in the eye and vision space and this is your opportunity to get advice and guidance from them.
- Networking opportunities throughout the day.
To book a hotel, visit our trusted vendor.