July 18-21, 2018
Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown
This conference — held in partnership with the Champalimaud Foundation and hosted at the Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown, its state-of-the-art treatment and research facility in Lisbon, Portugal — covered the latest basic and clinical research developments in ocular oncogenesis and oncology, and considered them in the context of the systemic cancer field.
The scientific program focused on malignant tumors of the eye, including: choroidal malignant melanoma, retinoblastoma and primary vitreoretinal lymphoma, and covered:
- Epidemiological studies in ocular tumors
- Research into basic pathogenic mechanisms of oncogenesis, including genetics, cell biology and immunology
- Development and evaluation of ocular tumor diagnostics (and classification)
- Results of new human clinical trials for ocular tumor therapies
- Application of advances in systemic oncogenesis and oncology to the ocular field
The conference included podium sessions, with opening and closing keynote lectures, a tour of the Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown, poster sessions and multiple opportunities for attendees to network. Speakers were international experts in oncogenesis and oncology, from the Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown and other ophthalmic centers around the globe.
View a photo gallery from the Conference.
View select conference presentations on ARVO’s YouTube Channel.
View an interview from a Portuguese news station with ARVO Executive Vice President Justine Smith, Bettina Ryll and Joan O'Brien.
Special thanks to the event sponsor