ARVO is pleased to announce the launch of a two-year pilot for a Developing Country Institutional Membership Program (DCIM; January 2017 - December 2018), ARVO's first program of this type.
To help developing country institutions strengthen their existing eye and vision research programs by easing the financial burden for researchers to participate in ARVO, giving them access to ARVO's community of members, online and face-to-face education opportunities, and all the benefits of full membership.
How does the DCIM pilot program work?
ARVO will select up to three institutions/universities/groups in three different developing countries by application to take part in the two-year pilot. Our aim is to select at least one institution not located in Brazil, China, India or Mexico. Pilot institutions pay reduced membership fees for each of the two years and receive special DCIM Pilot membership benefits, listed below.
- be nonprofit and/or educational
- be located in a developing country: low, middle-low and middle-upper income as defined by the World Bank or in Argentina (a non-classified country)
- demonstrate an established eye and vision research program (you will be asked about facilities and publications)
- have researchers with a history of membership in ARVO
- sign up a minimum of five members; ideally at least two will be Regular members
- reduced membership fees
o Regular member: $175/yr (full price: $245)
o Member-in-Training: $55/yr (full price: $120)
- 1 complimentary Annual Meeting registration for every five DCIM Pilot program members
- 1 Travel Grant for a Member-in-Training for every five DCIM Pilot program members (Independent of abstract submission. Individual must not have received a regular travel grant or attended the ARVO Annual Meeting in the past.)
- $450 discount on the article fee for articles accepted in ARVO journals (regular member discount is $350)
- the lowest registration rates for the Annual Meeting
- a profile article in an ARVO member newsletter plus a complimentary website advertisement (which you can use to promote an event, for recruitment, etc).
- dedicated support from ARVO staff to answer questions and help DCIM pilot program members make the most of the benefits of membership
- all the other benefits of full membership in ARVO
Questions? Please contact Kiah Culver, senior customer service manager.
Application deadline was Sept. 16, 2016.