ARVO is the largest and most respected community of eye and vision researchers in the world. Member benefits are generous and include access to unmatched professional and collaborative opportunities.
Benefits of membership
- Only ARVO members may submit abstracts and present at the ARVO Annual Meeting.
- Membership dues include abstract fees
- Significantly reduced registration fees for all ARVO meetings, conferences and educational content.
- Most Annual Meeting session recordings are available to members only.
Journals and publications
- Get a $350 discount on publishing charges for an article accepted by any ARVO journal starting in 2016.
- Discount subscriptions to other scientific journals.
- Semi-annual ARVONews and twice-a-month ARVO Insight e-newsletter.
Professional development and networking
- Free access to ARVO's secure online member networking and discussion platform, ARVOConnect, including:
- Exclusive access to online Member Directory to easily locate and communicate directly with colleagues.
- Networking and collaborative opportunities beyond ARVO meetings.
- Shared files relevant to your field or research topic of interest.
- Open discussions, or smaller conversations, sparking collaborations between ARVO members worldwide.
- Discounted recruitment advertising on ARVO Jobs
- Participation on ARVO committees.
- Access to broad spectrum of resources, including available funding sources and ARVO Online Education, offering self-paced courses, career development resources, as well as conference and Annual Meeting session recordings.
Recognition and awards
- Exclusive eligibility for more than 280 travel grants to the ARVO Annual Meeting.
- Fellowships and research grant opportunities through the ARVO Foundation for Eye Research.
- Prestigious awards presented for outstanding contributions in all areas of basic and clinical vision research.
- "Fellow of ARVO" (FARVO) designation for members' dedication, leadership and contributions to ARVO.
Representation and advocacy efforts
- All members belong to a Scientific Section.
- All members—except Members-In-Training, Retired members and Associate Members - elect representatives from their Scientific Section to the ARVO Board of Trustees and the Annual Meeting Program Committee.
- Representation to U.S. policymakers for adequate funding and appropriate regulation through the National Alliance for Eye and Vision Research (NAEVR), the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALAC) and other coalitions.
- Committees focus on a variety of scientists' needs, including the special interests of trainees, underrepresented groups and global members.
Currently a 2017 member? Don't forget to renew your ARVO membership online.