Registration for ARVO 2023
Important information about the 2023 Annual Meeting
The 2023 ARVO Annual Meeting is scheduled to be in-person only and will not have a virtual component.
Note: the presentation type option "on-demand" is for those who know for sure they will be unable to travel and cannot present at the Annual Meeting. There is no virtual presentation in the 2023 Annual Meeting program. Learn More
Be aware of registration scams
There are very sophisticated criminals who create a fake website for ARVO and other large meetings every year. Prior to the pandemic, they were primarily focused on selling hotel rooms that either do not exist or that have been marked up in price. They are now adding registration sales to their scams. Several of these websites were set up for the ARVO 2022 Annual Meeting.
These ‘companies’ have the ability to deceive members and attendees into paying false invoices. A commonly used strategy is to target people by posing as a third-party organization (such as MedConn) that handles payments and billing information, or as an employed member of a company using relevant details and public information accessible online. Visit only ARVO.org/annual-meeting or ARVO.org/am to book your hotel or to register.
2023 Annual Meeting registration
|Annual Meeting registration fees||By March 15
||After March 15
|Nonmember (meeting registration + 1-year membership)||$639||$784|
|Nonmember (meeting registration only)||$639||$784|
The early registration deadline is 11:59pm EDT on Wednesday, March 15.
Things to know about Annual Meeting Registration
- Membership dues are non-refundable and non-transferable, and do not include registration fees for the 2023 Annual Meeting. Join/Renew now
- All deadline dates are subject to Eastern Time.
- If you require a personalized letter of invitation for a visa application, email your request to email@example.com.
*Annual Meeting registration is required to be provided a letter of invitation.
- Meals, Education Courses, Pre-meeting sessions, and Annual Meeting extras are not included with Annual Meeting registration and come as separate fees.
- Onsite registrations will be subject to the New Orleans tax, which will be added automatically to registration fees.
Registration payment information
Registration payments can be made using one of the following options:
- Online payments through ARVO website made by Credit Card (AMEX, VISA, MASTERCARD, or DISCOVER)
- Wire transfer payment
- Check payment
- Secured Payment Terminal (if paying by Credit Card on behalf of registrant)
- Purchase Orders are not accepted
Wire Transfer Payment information (International Attendees Only)
- It may take 14 days from the wire transfer remittance date for funds to be deposited, please plan accordingly.
- Payment of registration fees will only be posted upon confirmation of deposit from our bank.
- The deadline to receive wire transfer payments (or checks) is Friday, April 14, 2023.
Wire transfer (or check) payments sent or received after April 14, 2023, may not be processed by the start of the meeting.
Note: For wire transfer or Secure Payment Terminal options, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions
How to get your name badge
ARVO's registration system will provide email confirmations to quickly scan and print your badge at kiosks onsite at the Convention Center all week. Please note that badges will not be mailed in advance.
Badge pickup hours (CT)
- Friday, April 21 (5 - 8pm)
- Saturday, April 22 (7am - 7pm)
- Sunday, April 23 - Wednesday, April 26 (7am - 6pm)
- Thursday, April 27 (7am - 2:30pm)
Continuing Medical Education (CME)
The 2023 Annual Meeting, held in New Orleans, La., from April 23 - 27, is an accredited continuing education activity. Attendees who register for CME credits and pay the processing fee are eligible to claim credit for attending in-person, accredited paper and cross-sectional group sessions, minisymposia, and symposia.
Attendees interested in claiming credit for the Annual Meeting are required to add the “CME credits and certificates” session to their registration and pay the associated fee by April 27, 2023. Follow these instructions to add the CME session to your new/existing registration.
Exhibitors may be eligible to claim credit and should contact email@example.com for assistance.
CME credit and certificates processing fee
|ARVO Member/Exhibitor (paid full-meeting access badge)||$99||$119|
|Nonmember/Exhibitor (complimentary full meeting access badge only)||$99||$119|
Saturday, April 22| 8am - 5pm CDT
The 2023 Education Courses will be held in-person at the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. Courses may be added to your registration for the Annual Meeting. Choose between Full-day or Half-day courses:
|Full-day course fee||By March 15||After March 15|
|Half-day course fee||By March 15||After March 15|
Event tickets can only be added to in-person registrations. Follow these instructions to add an event to your new/existing registration.
ARVO Foundation Gala
Saturday, April 22| 7:30 - 10:30pm CDT
Join the ARVO Foundation at its annual fundraising event to honor individuals and organizations who have shown dedication to the ARVO Foundation and its mission. The 2023 ARVO Foundation Honorees and new Dowling Society members will be recognized. Tickets available online in advance only until April 14. Sponsorships are also available. Learn more
|ARVO Foundation Gala tickets
||Purchase by April 14|
U.S. tax deduction: The estimated fair market value of the goods and services received is $150 per ticket/seat. The balance of your purchase may be tax deductible.
2023 WEAVR Luncheon
Tuesday, April 25 | 1:45 - 3:15pm CDT
Network with colleagues at the annual Women in Eye and Vision Research (WEAVR) Luncheon, a fundraiser for the ARVO Foundation. Purchase tickets online or onsite (onsite availability not guaranteed). Learn more
|WEAVR Luncheon tickets|
U.S. tax deduction: The estimated fair market value of the goods and services received is $49 per ticket/seat. The balance of your purchase may be tax deductible.
ARVO Sunday Social
Sunday, April 23| 7:30 - 10:30pm CT
Toss the black tie, it's no formal affair. Just come as you are for that 'Big Easy' flair. Enjoy a live band, New Orleans style activties and entertainment. Suitable for all ages. Tickets may be purchased online with your registration (guest tickets also available) or on site:
- Saturday ― Purchase tickets in the registration area of the New Orleans Convention Center
- Sunday ― Purchase tickets at ARVO Central
Sunday Social tickets
$35 ― includes admission and two drinks
Wednesday, April 26| 9pm - midnight CT
Join us in the famous French Quarter for cocktails, dance, music, a light snack and most of all a fun time! Rock the stage and sing your favorite song. You must be 21 years or older to attend this event. Tickets may be purchased online with your registration (guest tickets also available) or on site at ARVO Centeral between Saturday, April 22 and Wednesday, April 26 (depending upon availability).
Karaoke tickets (non-refundable)
$20 ― includes admission and one drink
Cancellation and refund policy
- The deadline to receive refund requests for the Annual Meeting is 5pm, EDT on Friday, April 14, 2023.
- Annual Meeting registration: Registration fees will be refunded for the amount paid, less a $75 administrative fee ($40 for students).
- No refunds will be given for cancellations received in the ARVO office after 5pm, EDT on April 14, 2023.
- All cancellations must be sent in writing to ARVO, 5515 Security Lane, Suite 500, Rockville, MD 20852, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.