Be aware of registration scams
There are very sophisticated criminals who create a fake website for ARVO and other large meetings every year. Prior to the pandemic, they were primarily focused on selling hotel rooms that either do not exist or that have been marked up in price. They are now adding registration sales to their scams. Several of these websites have been set up for the ARVO 2022 Annual Meeting. Visit only ARVO.org/annual-meeting or ARVO.org/am to book your hotel or to register.
These ‘companies’ have the ability to deceive members and attendees into paying false invoices. A commonly used strategy is to target people by posing as a third-party organization (such as MedConn) that handles payments and billing information or as an employed member of a company using relevant details and public information accessible online.
2022 Annual Meeting registration
|Annual Meeting registration fees||By March 31
||After March 31
|Nonmember (meeting registration + 1-year membership)||$584||$709|
|Nonmember (meeting registration only)||$584||$709|
Registration fees apply to in-person** and virtual attendance.
* Membership dues are non-refundable and non-transferable, and do not include registration fees for the 2022 Annual Meeting. Join/Renew now
**NOTE: In-person attendees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Due to this constraint, ARVO is not accepting on-site registrations for 2022.
If you require a personalized letter of invitation for a visa application, email your request to email@example.com.
Additional policy changes for 2022
- No guest registrations
- No one under age 18 is permitted at the Meeting unless they are registered as a scientific attendee
- No on-site registration
* Please note, paper registrations are no longer available. All registrations at this point must be made via the ARVO website.
NOTE FOR PRESENTERS:
First authors of accepted abstracts are required to follow the Registration and Upload Policy, which states they must:
- Register and pay the full meeting registration fee by April 15, 2022.
- Upload their presentation by April 15 (all posters and virtual paper presenters) or four hours before the session start time (in-person paper presenters). Additional details and instructions will be provided in April. If this policy isn't followed, the abstract will be withdrawn from the meeting and be ineligible for presentation at the 2022 ARVO Annual Meeting.
All content will remain in the ARVO 2022 online platform until June 30, 2022.
How to choose a registration type and verify vaccine status
You will need to choose whether to register as an in-person or virtual attendee. In-person attendees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will need proof of vaccination to attend. Details related to this process will be provided at a later date.
All attendees will receive an access link to the online platform on which events and sessions for the ARVO 2022 virtual meeting will be hosted May 11-12.
- May 1: Posters available for viewing on the online platform
- May 11: Recordings from the ARVO 2022 in-person sessions will be posted
- June 30: Online content can be viewed up to this date
How to get your name badge
ARVO's registration system will provide email confirmations to quickly scan and print your badge at kiosks onsite at the Convention Center all week. All registrants must present proof of vaccination at the entrance to the Colorado Convention Center. Please note that badges will not be mailed in advance.
Badge pickup hours (MT)
- Saturday, April 30: Noon - 9pm
- Sunday, May 1: 6am - 6pm
- Monday, May 2: 7am - 6pm
- Tuesday, May 3: 7am - 6pm
- Wednesday, May 4: 7am - 2:30pm
The 2022 Annual Meeting, held in Denver, Colo., from May 1 - 4, is an accredited continuing education activity. Attendees who register for CME credits and pay the processing fee are eligible to claim credit for attending in-person, accredited paper and cross-sectional group sessions, minisymposia, and symposia.
The virtual Annual Meeting, May 11 - 12, is not an accredited continuing education activity. Attendees of virtual sessions are not eligible to claim CME credit.
Attendees interested in claiming credit for the in-person Annual Meeting are required to add the “CME credits and certificates” session to their registration and pay the associated fee. Follow these instructions to add the CME session to your new/existing registration.
Exhibitors may be eligible to claim credit and should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
CME credit and certificates processing fee
|Member/Exhibitor (paid full-meeting access badge)||$99|
|Nonmember/Exhibitor (complimentary full meeting access badge only)||$119|
Event tickets can only be added to in-person registrations. Follow these instructions to add an event to your new/existing registration.
Events will be recorded and available to view on the virtual platform.
Saturday, April 30 | 6 - 6:45pm MT
Join the ARVO Foundation at its annual fundraising event to honor individuals and organizations who have shown dedication to the ARVO Foundation and its mission. The 2022 ARVO Foundation Honorees and new Dowling Society members will be recognized. Tickets available online in advance only until April 22. Sponsorships are also available. Learn more
|ARVO Foundation Gala tickets
||Purchase by April 22|
U.S. tax deduction: The estimated fair market value of the goods and services received is $50 per Member/Nonmember ticket/seat and $25 per Member-in-Training ticket/seat. The balance of your purchase may be tax deductible.
Tuesday, May 3 | 6 - 7pm MT
Network with colleagues at the annual Women in Eye and Vision Research (WEAVR) Event, a fundraiser for the ARVO Foundation. Purchase tickets online or onsite (onsite availability not guaranteed). Learn more
|WEAVR Event tickets|
U.S. tax deduction: The estimated fair market value of the goods and services received is $25 per Member/Nonmember ticket/seat and $12.50 per Member-in-Training ticket/seat. The balance of your purchase may be tax deductible.
Cancellation and refund policy
- The deadline to receive refund requests for the Annual Meeting is 5pm, EDT on Friday, April 22, 2022.
- Annual Meeting registration: Registration fees will be refunded for the amount paid, less a $75 administrative fee ($40 for students).
- No refunds will be given for cancellations received in the ARVO office after 5pm, EDT on April 22, 2022.
- All cancellations must be sent in writing to ARVO, 5515 Security Lane, Suite 500, Rockville, MD 20852, or by emailing email@example.com.