Austrian Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (AARVO)
AARVO was established in 2008 as a working group of the Austrian Ophthalmological Society located in Vienna, Austria. Members of AARVO are basic eye and vision scientists. Meetings are held annually in conjunction with the Austrian Ophthalmological Society. AARVO became an international chapter affiliate on May 2, 2009.
To foster communication between Austrian eye researchers and to promote vision science among Austrian clinicians.
Membership is open to individuals around the globe who are interested in eye and vision research in Austria. There are no membership dues.
Planned 2020 – 2021 activities
- AARVO meeting: May 21, 2020
- Present basic research talks with ophthalmologists at national ophthalmology meetings about the benefits of research
- Foster communication and exchange of ideas between Austrian eye researchers
- Travel grant opportunities for young investigators to attend the ARVO Annual Meeting: May 3 – May 7, 2020, Baltimore, Maryland
- AARVO President: Clemens Strohmaier, MD
- AARVO Vice-President: Falk Schroedl, PhD