Austrian Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (AARVO)
AARVO was established in 2008 as a working group of the Austrian Ophthalmological Society located in Vienna, Austria. Members of AARVO are basic eye and vision scientists. Meetings are held annually in conjunction with the Austrian Ophthalmological Society. AARVO became an international chapter affiliate on May 2, 2009.
To foster communication between Austrian eye researchers and to promote vision science among Austrian clinicians.
Membership is open to individuals around the globe who are interested in eye and vision research in Austria. There are no membership dues.
Planned 2018 – 2019 activities
- Research symposium: one-day (date/place to be determined — typically held in May)
- Present basic research talks with ophthalmologists at national ophthalmology meetings about the benefits of research
- Foster communication and exchange of ideas between Austrian eye researchers
- Travel grant opportunities for young investigators to attend the ARVO Annual Meeting: April 28 – May 2, 2019, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- AARVO Officer: Herbert Reitsamer, MD
- AARVO Officer: Clemens Strohmaier, MD
- AARVO Officer: Falk Schroedl, PhD