2023 Special Sessions Guidelines
ARVO will hold a limited number of Special Sessions during the following 90-minute time slots:
- Sunday, April 23, 2 - 3:30pm
- Monday, April 24, 1:30 - 3pm
- Tuesday, April 25, 1:45 - 3:15pm
- Wednesday, April 26, 12:30 - 2pm
The proposal submission period for Special Sessions closed Feb. 10.
- Special Sessions will be reserved for the following types of content: new initiatives, projects or collaborations of global appeal; large scale study results; relevant non-profit or governmental organizational town halls.
- Special Sessions may not be focused on specific questions or issues, or those looking to understand new technologies, etc.
- Special Sessions may not be commercial in nature.
- Special Sessions are not for late-breaking abstracts or those submitters who missed the abstract deadline. ARVO does not accommodate late or late-breaking abstracts.
- Special Session organizers must be ARVO members.
- All Special Session organizers, presenters and attendees must pay the registration fee for the Annual Meeting — there are no exceptions.
- Special Sessions do not qualify for CME credits.
The following information is required for proposal submission. All information should be final and all participants should be confirmed.
- Title of Special Session
- Organizer(s) – Name, institution, email
- Target attendance
- Moderator(s) – Name, institution, email
- Speaker(s) – Name, institution, email, member status, presentation title/topic
- Timed agenda – List by speaker/title/duration
Review and Notification of acceptance
- The ARVO Executive Committee will review all proposals after the submission deadline. Submitters will be notified of proposal acceptance by Feb. 22