The submission deadline was Jan. 8 at 11:59pm U.S. EST
The Annual Meeting Program Committee (AMPC) is seeking high-quality abstracts describing original, unpublished* research results. Abstract submissions must contain a clear statement of hypothesis, an explanation of methods, and a report of data that unequivocally test the hypothesis and a brief discussion of their implications. Studies should use newer technologies when possible and include original results that will advance the field. Abstracts should be free of spelling and grammatical errors.
ARVO membership for 2021 is required to submit an abstract. Membership dues are non-refundable and non-transferable, and do not include registration fees for meetings. To submit an abstract for the 2021 Annual Meeting:
- Paper membership applications and payment must be received by ARVO by 5pm, EST, Monday, Jan. 4.
- Online membership renewal or new member applications will be accepted online through Jan. 8 with your abstract submission.
Posters and papers will be presented in a virtual format for 2021. Learn more about the virtual poster hall.
*Abstracts must be work that has not been submitted for formal publication or to a preprint server before the abstract submission deadline. After the original abstract submission deadline of Dec. 4, 2020, an author is at liberty to submit their abstract to a journal for formal publication or to a preprint server. A note about 2020 abstracts: abstracts that were published in IOVS following the 2020 Annual Meeting may not be resubmitted without the addition of new data.
- Abstract Submission Policies and Procedures
- Abstract Submission FAQs
- 2021 Reviewing Codes
- Abstract Withdrawal Policy
- First Author Registration and Upload Policy
- SIG Submission Guidelines
- Successful Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Commercial Relationship Policy
- Registering Clinical Trials
- Abstract Rejection Criteria
- ARVO Abstract Citation Statement
Key dates for the 2021 Abstract Program
|Jan. 8||Abstract submission deadline|
|Jan. 13||Abstract complete notification sent to First Authors|
|Feb. 8||Abstract review notification sent to First Authors|
|March 17||Abstract scheduling notification sent to First Authors|
|April 16||Registration and presentation upload deadline for Paper and Poster presenters|