Visa and travel information
- Direct visa assistance, including making calls and appointments, is not offered by ARVO. The U.S. Department of State has developed a Visa Wizard to guide you in selecting the correct visa application.
- If you are eligible for the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), you may travel to the United States for a period of 90 days or less with an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). To learn more about the VWP and obtaining an ESTA, visit the U.S. Department of State’s website.
Things to consider
- In order to obtain a Visa, you may need to participate in a U.S. Consulate Interview. Determine if you need an interview as soon as possible, as the wait time may be several weeks and may require you to travel to a U.S. Consulate.
- For immediate and continuous travel through the United States to another country, a Transit Visa may need to be obtained. If you have a connecting flight, ensure you have the proper documentation for the country or countries you are connecting through.
- Like many countries, the United States requires travelers to have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months after their return flight date.