Unlike in past years in which embargos aligned with presentation times, in 2021, press releases or any stories on information published within the ARVO Annual Meeting virtual platform may not be released or published until the embargo date of Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 7am ET. The only exception to this is if an author has submitted the abstract to a journal, as allowed in the Abstract Unpublished Work Policy, and it is published prior to the ARVO Annual Meeting.
ARVO holds copyright on all abstracts which have opted in to present via alternative delivery platforms for the ARVO Annual Meeting. We encourage the promotion of research presented for the Annual Meeting if it conforms to the following guidelines:
- Companies that find it necessary or choose to distribute abstract-related communications are required to provide the text of press releases or other communications to ARVO for review prior to distribution. Please send draft releases to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- ARVO does not share its news release distribution list or its list of journalist attendees with outside organizations.
- ARVO Annual Meeting online program materials and publications aim to promote vision research and scientific discourse for educational purposes. ARVO accepts no responsibility for any products, presentations, opinions, statements or positions expressed; and inclusion of such material within the Meeting, the publications or posted online does not constitute an endorsement by ARVO.
- ARVO does not undertake responsibility for providing updated information relating to material presented in abstracts.
- ARVO requests that after abstracts have been accepted for presentation at the 2021 Annual Meeting, related communications that are required to fulfill Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or other regulations be released only when the abstracts are made publicly available through our online Abstract Search and Itinerary Builder.
- Information contained in such releases is limited to the content of the abstract. Additional information about the study or research to be presented at the ARVO Annual Meeting cannot be included in the press release.
- The abstract cannot be reprinted in its entirety.
- Direct quotations from abstracts are limited to 50 words or less. Quotations must contain an attribution to ARVO as follows:
© Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology 2021.
- Paraphrases of abstract content are acceptable.
Updated as of Feb. 23, 2021
- May 1, 2021 at 7am ET - Official launch of presentations of papers and posters
- Rolling basis - Symposia, Minisymposia, Cross-sectional Groups, and invited speakers sessions that have specific presentation times will be embargoed until the end of those individual time slots.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.