Embargo policy: Press releases or stories on information published within the ARVO Annual Meeting online presentations may not be released or published until—
Recorded presentations will be released in two batches:
- received by April 30 available by May 6
- received by May 29 available by June 12
2. Or the research is published in the IOVS Special Issue (anticipated publication by end of July 2020. Registered press will be notified upon publication)
ARVO holds copyright on all abstracts which have opted in to present via alternative delivery platforms for the ARVO Annual Meeting. We encourage the promotion of research presented for the Annual Meeting via ARVOLearn if it conforms to the following guidelines:
- Companies that find it necessary or choose to distribute abstract-related communications are required to provide the text of press releases or other communications to ARVO for review prior to distribution. Please send draft releases to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- ARVO does not share its news release distribution list or its list of journalist attendees with outside organizations.
- ARVO Annual Meeting online program materials and publications aim to promote vision research and scientific discourse for educational purposes. ARVO accepts no responsibility for any products, presentations, opinions, statements or positions expressed; and inclusion of such material within the Meeting, the publications or posted online does not constitute an endorsement by ARVO.
- ARVO does not undertake responsibility for providing updated information relating to material presented in abstracts.
- ARVO requests that after abstracts have been accepted for presentation at the 2020 Annual Meeting, related communications that are required to fulfill Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or other regulations be released only when the abstracts are made publicly available through our online Abstract Search and Itinerary Builder.
- Information contained in such releases is limited to the content of the abstract. Additional information about the study or research to be presented at the ARVO Annual Meeting cannot be included in the press release.
- The abstract cannot be reprinted in its entirety.
- Direct quotations from abstracts are limited to 50 words or less. Quotations must contain an attribution to ARVO as follows:
© Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology 2020.
- Paraphrases of abstract content are acceptable.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.