Revised in response to COVID-19, April 7, 2020
ARVO press credentials are granted to individuals who are on assignment for or employees of a media outlet appropriate to the coverage of eye and vision research news. Credentialed media have access receive complimentary access to alternative delivery platform, ARVOLearn. ARVO expects that after the Annual Meeting press attendees will provide the association with links or hard copies of their coverage of ARVO 2020. Please send this information to email@example.com.
Eligibility for press credentials
Who is eligible for press registration?
- Media representatives, including editorial staff/representatives (reporters, writers, editors) of publications including broadcast media, print and electronic newspapers, news services and magazines.
- Freelance science writers
- Internet news outlets (bloggers may be considered)
- Science or medical journals with news sections
- Journalism students
Note: Applicants may be asked to provide additional information for verification, including mastheads or editorial pages and recent bylined articles.
Who is not eligible for press registration?
- Representatives of public relations, advertising or marketing firms
- Representatives of corporate public relations, advertising and marketing departments
- Representatives of financial analysis firms
- Scientists and ARVO members
- Publishers and representatives of advertising, sales or marketing departments of publications or broadcast media
- Representatives of special interest groups
- Embargo policy: The research presented at the ARVO Annual Meeting may be proprietary or may have been submitted for publication. The press must seek approval from the presenter(s) before reporting data found in abstracts or heard or seen in recorded presentations uploaded to ARVOLearn or published in the IOVS Special Issue (anticipated publication by July 31, 2020). Any individual who does not adhere to the press release policy will be asked to forfeit his or her press credentials at the discretion of the Marketing and Communications Department. Read more.
- Recording/photography: Reproduction of any kind of any presentation/session delivered via ARVOLearn is prohibited, except by an ARVO-authorized agent or by First Authors who wish to record their own poster presentation. Violators risk dismissal from future Annual Meeting as deemed appropriate.
- Distribution lists: ARVO does not share its news release distribution list or its list of journalist attendees
- Non-ARVO press materials. News releases, press kits or other announcements from industry representatives, public relations firms or communications companies may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for possible placement in the Online Press Room. Acceptance of such materials for placement in the Online Press Room is at the sole discretion of the Manager of Science Communications. ARVO is not responsible for any misrepresentations made in these materials (e.g., stating that a study was presented as part of the Annual Meeting when it was not selected as part of the program).
Questions? Contact email@example.com.