Requesting space for an ancillary event
- Read the ARVO Policy on Ancillary Events. Ancillary events are scheduled at ARVO's discretion and all events are subject to the rules and regulations as set forth in the policy. There are no exceptions.
- In 2018, non-exhibiting commercial entities will need to support the ARVO Annual Meeting at a value of at least $2,750*, the cost of a 10x10 commercial inside booth. Any payment made in this regard is a fee for goods and services and not a contribution to ARVO, therefore it is non-tax-deductible. Please contact Christine Frye with NTP for more information.
- Commercial ancillary event organizers who are not exhibitors will incur a service charge of $500* for each approved ancillary event after the first. This fee must be paid in full prior to space consideration.
- Commercial ancillary event organizers who are exhibitors may hold up to five approved ancillary events per 10x10 commercial inside booth. A service charge of $500* for each approved ancillary event after five events will be required, regardless of attendance count. This fee must be paid in full prior to space consideration.
* All ancillary event fees are non-refundable.
- Ancillary events held during official scientific program hours may not be commercial or educational in nature. (I.e. they may not include a scientific program with presentations, posters, or lectures nor include marketing demonstrations or commercial presentations.)
- Business Meetings including, but not limited to meetings of non-commercial editorial boards, non-profit organization boards, or other non-ARVO committees/working groups, study groups, etc.
- Exhibitor Internal Meetings: Meetings for ARVO exhibitor's corporate personnel: ARVO exhibitor hospitality suites.
- Investigator Meetings: Meetings for investigators of ongoing research (may be sponsored only by an ARVO exhibitor).
- Social Events: Receptions, dinners, alumni events, reunions and specialty groups where there is no educational/scientific program presented.
- Requests for ancillary events will be considered on a space-available basis and must be made via the Ancillary Event Request Form.
- Please submit a separate form for each event. Each day of a multi-day event will count as one event. (For example, if you'd like to host a meeting Sunday and Monday, that will count as two separate events and will require two forms.)
- Please note, submitting an Ancillary Event Request Form is not binding and you are able to make changes to all requests submitted. Payment is not required at the time of form submission.
- For events taking place in the Convention Center, event confirmation and space assignment will be emailed to the organizer (see organizer's responsibilities). This confirmation will include contact information for ordering food, beverages and other services. Please make sure your email is correct on the Ancillary Event Request Form before submitting. Confirmations for ancillary events at the convention center submitted to ARVO by Jan. 11 will be sent to organizers the week of Feb. 26.
- Function space for ancillary events will be assigned by ARVO meeting management.
- Meeting space for ancillary events in the convention center do not have a room rental fee, however a meeting room set-up fee may apply depending on your event details.
- If you plan to hold your ancillary event at a hotel, you must not contact the hotel directly for meeting space, all inquiries will be forwarded to ARVO meeting management.
- Please note, depending on the details of your ancillary event, hotels may charge a fee for function space.
- Based on needs and space availability, an ancillary event that requests the convention center may need to be scheduled at a hotel.
- Show Floor Meeting Suites in the exhibit hall are also available and can be used to fulfill the ARVO support requirements. These are exclusive spaces available for organizations that may not wish to exhibit, but want a convenient, private onsite space for meetings with attendees. Please contact Christine Frye for details and pricing.
- Administrative application fees apply after Jan. 11, 2018, for requests of meetings of more than 15 attendees. Fees will be charged as follows:
Date of Ancillary Request Submission Fee Required May 22, 2017 - Jan. 11, 2018 No Fee Jan. 12, 2018 - Feb. 09, 2018 $250* Feb. 10, 2018 - March 15, 2018 $500* After March 15, 2018 $650*
*All ancillary event fees are non-refundable. No exceptions.
Payment of these fees listed above must be provided in full before the ancillary event will be given approval and scheduling.
- Ancillary events requested at hotels are scheduled as requests are received once they are reviewed and approved.