Virtual Conference: Feb. 1 - 2, 2023
Career Directions: Eye and vision science is a diverse field which can be overwhelming when starting your career or deciding to make a career change. This year's Advance conference will explore these various career directions. Is academia, industry, laboratory science, clinical science or public health advocacy right for you? Are there other opportunities for you to consider? Attendees will gain insight from experts on career planning, career opportunities in eye and vision science, and navigating international career challenges.
View details of the conference agenda
Meet the keynote speakers: Jacob Brown and Patricia A. D'Amore, PhD, MBA, FARVO
Registration for the Advance Conference is closed
Who should attend?
This event is ideal for Members-in-Training and early to mid-career investigators. Attendees will benefit from:
- Keynote speakers: Thought leaders sharing their learned experiences.
- Lightning talks: Snippets of advice to help with your career search and overcoming setbacks and challenges.
- Educational sessions: In-depth discussion of specific career paths.
- Expert sessions: One-hour small group discussions on timely topics moderated by a member leader.
- Résumé review sessions: Private one-on-one sessions with member experts helping to improve your CV or resume. (by appointment)