Point of View Award
This award, established by the Point of View Foundation (Fundació Punt de Vista), recognizes significant research that may advance the ability to restore sight to those who are blind or have significant visual impairment.
The Point of View Award recognizes an outstanding scholarly article published in a high-impact peer-reviewed journal during the previous calendar year related to efforts to restore vision through regenerative ophthalmology, biotechnology, whole eye transplantation or other approaches to the stated problem. The $20,000 cash prize is given to the first and/or corresponding authors of the winning paper.
- Nominees must be an ARVO member.
- Nominees are the first author and/or corresponding author on the article submitted for consideration.
- Articles must have a publication date in the previous calendar year.
- Self-nominations are permitted; only one self-nomination submission is permitted per award cycle.
- There are no geographic or citizenship restrictions.
Articles published in the previous calendar year (January – December) are eligible for nomination in the subsequent year. For example, articles published in 2019 are eligible for nomination from July – Sept. 2020. The award prize is given to the first and corresponding authors.
Nominations are accepted via online application. The online nomination form requires the following information, forms and documents:
- Nominator's name, institution and contact information.
- Letter of nomination that describes the significance and impact of the nominated article.
- Details about the nominated article including:
- Article title
- Publication title and date
- Journal citation
- List of all authors
Applications open on July 1
Applications close on Sept. 1
Recipients notified in December
2021 Recipients: Dasha Nelidova, MBChB, PhD and Botond Roska, MD, PhD
Article title: Restoring light sensitivity using tunable near-infrared sensors; Publication title: Science; Publication date: June 05, 2020