Careers at ARVO
Are you interested in joining a collaborative team at a growing scientific association? ARVO currently has the following career opportunities available at our office in Rockville, Maryland.
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, the world’s large eye and vision research organization, is seeking a Coordinator to join its Marketing and Communications team. This entry-level position offers a recent college grad the opportunity for hands-on work and growth.
The Coordinator will provide daily support for ARVO’s marketing, communications, social media and digital communication activities. Specific duties will include drafting social media posts for Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, writing and managing content for ARVO’s email newsletters, writing news releases, developing media lists, updating information on ARVO’s website and supporting marketing campaign development.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing or similar field
- 1-2 years’ experience in communications, marketing or public relations or comparable internship experience
- Understanding of the media and media relations
- Excellent writer along with strong skills in verbal communication and editing
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines and solve problems constructively
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Professional, handling graphic and video files; and working with content management systems
ARVO is committed to supporting our employees by providing professional development opportunities, a competitive compensation and outstanding benefits program. We offer medical, dental, life and disability insurance, FSA, matching retirement savings, telework and flexible work schedule options, and more.
For consideration, please submit your resume including a cover letter stating your salary requirements to email@example.com.