The role of the Finance Committee (FC) is to provide financial oversight for ARVO.
- Reviews financial reports, and the annual financial audit.
- Reviews the annual budget prepared by the Executive Vice President and Executive Director.
- Reviews staff compensation structure and benefits offerings.
- Reviews and evaluates the dues pricing structure and other income-producing activities for the purpose of financing budgeted activities.
- Reviews periodically the investment portfolio and ARVO Reserve Fund Investment Policy.
- Studies and recommends the investment of surplus funds and advises on condition of the funds.
- Reports to the Board of Trustees at its regular meetings.
The FC is a Board committee that consists of no fewer than three ARVO Trustees, plus five ex officio Trustees: President, Executive Vice President, Immediate Past President, President-Elect, and Executive Director. The President shall serve as chair or appoint someone in his or her place. The ex officio members may not count toward the three voting Trustee members. Terms: The FC Trustee members shall serve until the end of their term on the Board of Trustees. This will apply similarly to the ex officio members.
The committee meets by conference call at least twice per year and conducts business via ARVOConnect and email.