The Publications Committee (PUBS) provides guidance to ensure the optimal positioning of the Association's journals and makes recommendations to the Board of Trustees as appropriate. The Committee also provides scholarly publishing resources for ARVO members and assists the Board of Trustees with related policy decisions.
- Identifies and addresses topics necessary to stay current with scholarly publishing.
- Reviews the performance and positioning of ARVO's journals in relation to the evolving landscape of scholarly publishing, making recommendations as indicated.
- Recommends new policies and drafts updates to current ARVO publishing related policies.
- Provides member education via workshops and other means on scholarly publishing topics.
- Administers the ARVO Publications Grant program.
- Reports to the Board of Trustees at its regular meetings.
The committee meets during the ARVO Annual Meeting and conducts business via ARVOConnect, by email and if needed by conference call during the year.