ARVO could not succeed without engaged members. ARVO offers a variety of ways for members to engage through quick tasks and get plugged into the global ARVO community. Please note that these opportunities are not eligible for the Fellows of ARVO (FARVO) program.
Like ARVO on Facebook – Join us on Facebook for tips and timely news useful to the eye and vision research community.
Send a Tweet about ARVO – Follow us on Twitter and tweet about a positive experience with ARVO to your followers.
Sign up for journal content alerts — ARVO's open-access and peer-reviewed journals publish manuscripts that advance or change the way we understand and/or treat vision-threatening diseases. Stay abreast by signing up for new content alerts from one or more ARVO journals:
• Translational Vision Science & Technology (TVST)
TVST publishes cutting-edge research ranging from basic chemistry to ophthalmic surgery
• Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science (IOVS)
IOVS publishes manuscripts with results from original hypothesis-based clinical and laboratory ophthalmology
and vision research studies
• Journal of Vision (JOV)
JOV explores all aspects of biological visual function, including spatial vision, perception, low vision,
color vision and more, spanning the files of neuroscience, psychology and psychophysics
Bookmark the latest issue of ARVONews — Stay abreast of news and trends in the ARVO and eye and vision community via ARVO’s digital magazine.
Update your profile — Make it easier for members with similar interests to connect with you. The more complete your profile, the more likely that you’ll be connected with others that share your interests.
• Click on the down arrow in the upper right portion of the screen
• Click the “Profile” button when it appears
• Complete a brief bio
• Enter your professional interests
• Explore the “My Account” tab to set your privacy settings and email preferences
• Under “My Connections” explore the communities and networks to which you belong
Reply to a Discussion post — Visit the discussion board of the ARVO Open Forum and post a reply to an existing discussion thread. Participating in online discussions are one of the easiest ways to connect with others and get more value out of your ARVO membership.
Support young vision scientists — Donate to the ARVO Foundation and help the careers of young investigators around the world.
Share online research essentials with a student — ARVO's online self-paced modules and videos are free to members. Nonmembers can sample select resources and session recordings.
Nominate yourself or a colleague to serve on the Board or Programming Committee — Recommend a colleague who is willing to make a significant contribution to serve ARVO and your Scientific Section on the
• Board of Trustees — and help set ARVO’s strategic direction
• Annual Meeting Programming Committee (AMPC) — and help guide ARVO’s scientific programming
Vision Community Calendar — Share an event on the Vision Community Calendar — Educational, non-product-based symposia, conferences and meetings of interest to the vision research community can be posted.
Upload a profile photo — Add a picture to your profile so members can associate a face with your name.
• Click on the "down" arrow in the upper right portion of your screen
• Click the "Profile" button when it appears
• Click the "Actions" button on the left side of the screen
• Follow the instructions to upload a picture