The overall goal of the ARVO advertising effort is to increase revenue for the association, while promoting ideas, products or services that are related to eye and vision research. The ARVO Advertising Policy is designed to provide print and electronic opportunities in ARVO publications including but not exclusive of journals, annual meeting publications and products, newsletters, other meetings publications and products sponsored or co-sponsored by ARVO, and ARVO's Web sites. The following stipulations apply to all advertisements.
- ARVO does not endorse or support any particular product, service or idea. Any advertisement implying an endorsement by ARVO will not be accepted.
- Advertising must be relevant to ARVO membership. The Executive Vice President, the Executive Director and the Director of Publishing & Communications retain the right to reject any materials deemed inappropriate or outside the scope of the organization.
- Advertising is accepted on a space-available basis, must meet stated production requirements and schedules, and stated fees must be paid. If fees are not paid in a timely manner, ARVO reserves the right to deny future advertising, sponsorships and exhibiting at ARVO meetings.
- ARVO mailing lists may be rented for one-time use only and the mailing pieces must promote scientific or medical products or services or support the development of the profession and may not adversely affect the individual interests of the members.
- Corporate use of ARVO Annual Meeting or other meetings abstracts for promotional or marketing purposes is expressly prohibited. Use of these materials for educational purposes must be reviewed by ARVO Executive Director or Directors of Meetings & Education or Publishing & Communications.Advertisements from Exhibitors at ARVO's various meetings will receive priority at the meetings over non-exhibiting companies.
- Specific advertisements, including but not exclusive of those listed below, are reserved for Paid Exhibitors at ARVO meetings.
- Bus signage and headrests
- Transportation route signage
- Tote bags
- Banner ads, electronic (Annual Meeting Web site) or print (on site)
- Pens and other giveaways
- Advertisements may include product and/or corporate logos, with the exception of lanyards which may carry a corporate logo only.
- The ARVO Board of Trustees reserves the right amend this policy without public notification.
Approved: Board of Trustees Meeting, May 8, 1999
Revised and Approved: ARVO Board of Trustees, November 6, 2008
ARVO® 1801 Rockville Pike, Suite 400, Rockville, MD 20852, +22.214.171.12400