Asociación de Investigación en Visión y Oftalmologia (AIVO)
Established in December 2006 in Buenos Aires, AIVO's members are ophthalmologists and academic researchers from Argentina,Paraguay, Uruguay and Chile. AIVO hosts a multidisciplinary clinical and basic science meeting each year. AIVO became an International Chapter Affiliate on May 5, 2007.
To foster communication between Latin American eye researchers and to promote vision science among Latin American clinicians.
- Membership is open to individuals around the globe who are interested in eye and vision research in Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Chile.
- AIVO members use an exclusive AIVO ARVOConnect community — an online forum for collaboration: Access here
Planned 2019 – 2020 activities
- Travel grant opportunities for young investigators to attend the ARVO Annual Meeting: May 3 – May 7, 2020, Baltimore, Maryland
- AIVO President: Luis Politi, PhD
- AIVO Vice-President: Galetti Jeremias, MD, PhD
- AIVO Secretary: Maria Ana Contin, PhD
- AIVO Treasurer: German Lorena, PhD
- AIVO International Relations: Rodrigo Torres, MD, PhD
- AIVO International Relations: Maria Cecilia Sanchez, PhD
- AIVO website: www.aivo.com.ar
María Mercedes Benedetto, 2018 AIVO travel grant recipient
"I am currently in the last year of my PhD training, at the School of Chemical Sciences (National University of Cordoba), in the area of Neurobiology. The AIVO travel grant allows me to attend the ARVO 2018 Annual Meeting, which will help me broaden my knowledge about the different research groups that are working on vision, and thus return to Argentina with a clearer idea on potential collaborations and future postdoctoral opportunities."Maria Benedetto's thesis topic