Asociación de Investigación en Visión y Oftalmologia (AIVO)
Established in December 2006 in Buenos Aires, AIVO's members are ophthalmologists and academic researchers from Argentina,Paraguay, Uruguay and Chile. AIVO hosts a multidisciplinary clinical and basic science meeting each year. AIVO became an International Chapter Affiliate on May 5, 2007.
To foster communication between Latin American eye researchers and to promote vision science among Latin American clinicians.
- Membership is open to individuals around the globe who are interested in eye and vision research in Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Chile.
- AIVO members use an exclusive AIVO ARVOConnect community — an online forum for collaboration: Access here
- AIVO President: María Cecilia Sánchez
- AIVO Vice-President: Damián Dorfman, MD, PhD
- AIVO Secretary: Lorena German and Melina Mateos, PhD
- AIVO Secretary of International Affairs: Rodrigo Torres, MD, PhD and Pablo Barrionuevo
- AIVO Treasurer: Pablo Barcelona
- AIVO website: www.aivo.com.ar