Indian Eye Research Group (ARVO-India)
First established in 1992 as the Indian Eye Research Group, ARVO-India has over 200 members and holds an annual meeting each July. The annual meeting is a platform for exchange of ideas among eye researchers in India and brings together those involved in different areas of basic and clinical eye research. ARVO-India became an international chapter affiliate in April 2011.
To promote and facilitate eye research in all domains and encourage researchers through active collaborations within India. The aim is to:
- Promote interactions between eye and vision researchers across India.
- Facilitate collaborative research activities within ARVO-India.
- Support young investigators education and professional development.
- Engage clinicians and scientists from non-ocular research backgrounds in ARVO-India activities.
- Recognize the work of investigators through an award program.
- Membership is open to individuals around the globe who are interested in eye and vision research in India
- Membership dues: INR 250 (regular membership), INR 10,000 (life membership)
Planned 2021 – 2022 activities
- Virtual Annual Meeting of ARVO-India: July 31 - Aug. 1, 2021
- Travel grant opportunities for young investigators to attend the virtual ARVO Annual Meeting: May 1 - 7, 2021
- ARVO-India President: Ronnie George, DO, DNB, MS
- ARVO-India Vice President: K. Dharmalingam, PhD
- ARVO-India Treasurer : Inderjeet Kaur, PhD
- ARVO-India Secretary: Elena D. Roopchandra
- ARVO-India Officer: Subhabrata Chakrabarti, PhD