The Netherlands Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO-NED)
ARVO-NED was formed in March 2008 as a working group of the Netherlands Ophthalmological Society, located in Nijmegen, the Netherlands. ARVO-NED members are basic and clinical eye and vision researchers. Meetings are held annually with a focus building scientific collaborations amongst young researchers in the Netherlands. ARVO-NED became an international chapter affiliate on April 25, 2008.
To provide a scientific platform for interactive courses, plenary discussions, and collaborative initiatives for scientists, trainees, and health care professionals active in ophthalmology & visual sciences in The Netherlands.
Membership is open to individuals around the globe who are interested in eye and vision research in The Netherlands. There are no membership dues.
Planned 2021 – 2022 activities
- Assist in crafting a national research plan for eye and vision research in The Netherlands
- Travel grant opportunities for young investigators to attend the ARVO Annual Meeting: April 23 - 27, 2023
- ARVO-NED President: Magda Meester-Smoor, MSc, PhD
- ARVO-NED Vice-president: Suzanne Yzer, MD, PhD
- ARVO-NED Secretary: Ingeborg Klaassen, PhD
- ARVO-NED Treasurer: Elon van Dijk
- ARVO-NED Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DOPS website (ARVO-NED student chapter): dopsvision.com