Egypt Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO-EGYPT)
ARVO-Egypt was founded as a group of the National Eye Hospital (Al Watany) in Cairo, Egypt. ARVO-Egypt’s goal is to promote collaboration among ophthalmologists in clinical and epidemiological ophthalmological research. ARVO-Egypt is designated as an Egyptian scientific community by the Egyptian Organizations Ministry and therefore able to approach academic institutions and universities in Egypt about collaborating. ARVO-Egypt became an international chapter affiliate on Jan. 14, 2013.
To promote and develop ophthalmic research in Egypt, with focus on training and advocating systemic methodology in vision research.
- Membership is open to individuals around the globe who are interested in eye and vision research in Egypt and the Persian Gulf. There are no membership dues.
- ARVO-Egypt members use an exclusive ARVO-Egypt ARVOConnect community — an online forum for collaboration: Access here.
- ARVO-Egypt President: Abdallah Hassouna, MD
- ARVO-Egypt Vice-President: Fathy Fawzy, MD
- ARVO-Egypt Secretary: Nada Fathy, MD
- ARVO-Egypt Treasurer: Ramy Riad, MD
- ARVO-Egypt Chapter Coordinator/ICAC Representative: Mohamed El Bahrawy, MD