Italian Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (IT-ARVO)
Established in March 2011 in Catania, Italy, with the goal of promoting regional education programs and networking with other ARVO chapter affiliates. IT-ARVO became an international chapter affiliate in April 2011.
To foster communication between eye researchers and to promote vision science in Italy.
Membership is open to individuals around the globe who are interested in eye and vision research in Italy. There are no membership dues to join.
Planned 2020 – 2021 activities
- Access to Italian research network focused on ophthalmology, ocular pharmacology and vision research
- Travel grant opportunities for young investigators to attend the ARVO Annual Meeting: May 3 – May 7, 2020, Baltimore, Md.
- IT-ARVO President: Filippo Drago, MD, PhD, FARVO
IT-ARVO Vice-President: Teresio Avitabile
- IT-ARVO Secretary: Claudio Bucolo, PhD
- IT-ARVO Board Members: Caterina Gagliano, MD, PhD; Michele Reibaldi, PhD; Maria Grazia Mazzone
Rosa Maisto, 2018 IT-ARVO travel grant recipient
Rosa Maisto, BS, PhD, is studying "in vivo and in vitro models" of diabetic retinopathy and uveitis and is the 2018 IT-ARVO travel grant recipient, which will support Dr. Maisto in presenting her research at the ARVO Annual Meeting.