Colombian Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (CARVO)
CARVO's purpose is to encourage and support research in Colombia, Venezuela and Ecuador with the goal of strengthening the knowledge and training of new ophthalmologists. CARVO is located in Bogotá, Colombia and became an international chapter affiliate on Jan. 14, 2013.
To foment and facilitate eye and vision investigation, assist in developing researchers' careers and stimulate the publication and diffusion of knowledge in the field for the visual betterment of patients in Colombia and the region.
- Membership is open to individuals around the globe who are interested in eye and vision research in Colombia, Venezuela and Ecuador. There are no membership dues.
- CARVO members use an exclusive CARVO ARVOConnect community — an online forum for collaboration: Access here.
Planned 2020 – 2021 activities
- Continuing education courses in eye and vision research
- Foster communication and exchange of ideas between Latin American eye researchers
- Travel grant opportunities for young investigators to attend the ARVO Annual Meeting: May 3 – May 7, 2020, Baltimore, Md.
- CARVO President: Claudia Acosta, MD
CARVO Board of Directors: Francisco Rodriguez, MD; Martha Montenegro; Andres Rosas; Carlos Medina, MD; Juan Carlos Gil, Carlos Barrientos, Luis Carlos Escaf, MD
- CARVO website: www.carvo.org
- CARVO WhatsApp: +57-316-4489819
CARVO members supporting each other
In addition to CARVO's active online community forum for collaboration, members enjoy networking at regional events and the ARVO Annual Meeting.