Chinese Congress of Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (CCRVO)
Chinese Congress of Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (CCRVO) was established in February 2009 to mainly focus on basic visual and ophthalmological research. CCRVO is affiliated with Chinese Ophthalmological Society (COS) of Chinese Medical Association. There are more than 800 members of CCRVO consisted of both COS members and many vision scientists and researchers. Typically CCRVO holds a three-day annual meeting in the spring, organized by COS board members, COS Vision Science and Ophthalmology Development Committee and COS Youth Committee. CCRVO became an international chapter affiliate on May 1, 2010.
To promote eye and vision research through annual symposia in ophthalmic research and supporting the participation of young researchers in scientific meetings.
Planned 2021 – 2022 activities
- Advocacy in eye research in China
- CCRVO2021 is scheduled to be held in Guangzhou, China, dates TBD
- Travel grant opportunities for young investigators to attend the virtual ARVO Annual Meeting: May 1 – 7, 2021
- CCRVO President: Yao Ke, MD
- CCRVO President-elect: Sun Xinghuai, MD
- CCRVO Secretary: Zhou Xiangtian, MD
CCRVO fosters international collaborations
CCRVO regularly hosts ARVO leaders and international guests at its annual workshop held each spring during the Chinese Ophthalmological Society conference. CCRVO's workshops have become one of the highlights of the conference.